Reishi mushrooms (Ganoderma lucidum s.l.), have long been sought after for their beneficial properties for thousands of years. Temperature range 15-30 °C is preferred. They grow very slowly with continuous growth within 1 year. This mushroom is generally broken up, sliced, or powdered and steeped in simple teas or tinctures. Its flavor is bitter, but pleasant to most people. They aren’t considered culinary, however, you can add a few pieces of dried Reishi into soup stocks to infuse the broth with its medicinal properties.
Nutrition and wellness fact:
Reishi is a highly esteemed medicinal mushroom thought to promote longevity and overall health. Studied most for its ability to stimulate the immune system, Reishi extracts stimulate T-cell action, Natural Killer cell activity, and Dendritic cell maturation. Other pharmacological properties of Reishi extract include the following: anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral; reduces blood pressure; lowers LDL cholesterol levels; promotes the body’s natural anti-tumour activities; and acts as a central depressant to relax muscles.
Step-by-step guide on how to use your Mushroom Grow Kits
- Cut a 1 inch x shape on the plastic bag covering the substrate
- Soak the plastic bag with the x shape cut facing down in cold water for 12 hours
- Please be ware that Reishi mushroom fruit very slow, it may take 1-2 months to see a decent size mushroom
- Sit bag in a bowl of water and mist the whole plastic bag generously 2-4 times a day
- Pick the whole cluster of mushrooms when the caps flatten and enjoy
- Start a new cycle by repeating step 2