The most important part of installing sod is the site preparation, do this prior to picking up your sod order or having it delivered.
- Remove all debris from the area.
- Grade and shape to desired contours. Quality topsoil can be added to build up the amount of soil.
- Topsoil should be available to a depth of 8-10cm.
- Add fertilizer at the rate of 10 kgs per 100 sq. meters and rake in. We recommend Blue Grass fertilizer, 19-12-15-6.
- Ensure your prepared surface is smooth and even, roll lightly to even out any depressions.
Sod should be laid as soon as possible, no later than 24 hours after delivery.