Blue Grass Nursery, Sod and Garden Centre publishes and maintains its website to help a variety of customers retrieve official Blue Grass information. Blue Grass is committed to providing our website visitors with the information they are seeking in a manner that respects their privacy. This page summarizes how Blue Grass manages its websites in accordance with the rules established by the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act.
Personal Information Management
The Blue Grass website provides individuals with the opportunity to voluntarily supply limited amounts of personal information (i.e., name, phone number, address, or e-mail address). Personal information is collected by Blue Grass if you send us an email or complete and submit an online form.
Information that you provide via email will be used to respond to your questions or supply you with the information or materials that you have requested. Information collected on our online forms will be used only for the purpose specified on each form. Your information will not be disclosed to anyone except appropriately authorized Blue Grass personnel who need the information to fulfill your request. Your information will be maintained in a secure systems environment and will be kept only for the length of time necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. In some cases, the information you provide will only be collected and used in a non-identifying form.
Important Notice About Information Sent Via the Internet
You should be aware that the personal information you provide via the Internet might not be secure until it reaches the Blue Grass servers. If you are concerned about sending your personal information to us via the Internet, please call Blue Grass at 1(877) 826-0468.
Automatic Collection of Non-Identifiable Information
When you browse our websites, read pages, or download information, we will automatically collect a limited amount of non-identifiable information about your visit. This information indicates a person’s activity on the site, but we will not know that the person is you. This information includes:
· Access date and time
· Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” if a private Internet access account is used) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a computer whenever someone is browsing the web)
· Type of browser, operating system and version used to access our site
· Files viewed or downloaded
· Pages visited
· Previous website address (if linked to Blue Grass websites from another website)
We use this information to improve our websites – for example, we learn what type of information is of most interest to our visitors and how many visitors we receive.
Information collection and use
We collect and use personal information (including name, address, telephone number and email address) in order to:
- respond to queries or requests submitted by you
- process orders or applications submitted by you
- administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us
- anticipate and resolve problems with any products or services supplied to you
- to better tailor and improve the features of products and services
· create products or services that may meet your needs
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details (See “Payment” for more information) and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
· Send you information about your account and order
· Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
· Process payments and prevent fraud
· Set up your account for our store
· Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
· Improve our store offerings
· Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
· If you create an account (See “Account” for more information), we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
· We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
If you need to register an account to use the website to identify yourself as a user of the website.
- You are solely responsible for your account maintenance, which includes account confidentiality and security.
- You are responsible to immediately notify us of any unauthorized account use and activity.
- We may restrict, suspend or terminate your account and your use of the website at our discretion at any time without notifying you for any reason, including:
- Operation or efficiency of website, or third party’s equipment, network is impaired by your use of the website. Past due amount to us
- Misuse of the website and online services provided by us or any third party.
- Breaching any terms or conditions
- We have no responsibility to notify any third party of any restrictions, suspensions, or termination of your account.
When purchasing on the website.
- You agree to provide a valid instrument to make a payment.
- You agree to pay your total price including all your taxes, fees and shipping costs.
When providing a payment instrument to us.
- You confirm that you are permitted to use that payment instrument.
- You authorize us and our payment processor to charge the full amount to the payment instrument you provide.
- You authorize us to collect and store the payment information and other related transaction information.
- We may cancel any transaction if our Terms and Conditions are violated.
- To prevent your and our financial loss, we may contact your funding instrument institution, law enforcement, affected third parties and share payment detail information you are associated with if we believe there is a violation of law or to prevent your financial loss by doing so.
Important Notice About Cookies
- A cookie is a small non-executable file that is stored on your hard drive to identify your computer.
· Blue Grass Ltd. uses both session cookies and permanent cookies at bluegrassnursery.com. Session cookies are active only during the period you are logged on to the bluegrassnursery.com website and are removed when you leave. They help us track the sections of the website that you use to allow us to make improvements in keeping with observed user preferences.
· Permanent cookies remain on your hard drive until you remove them through your browser’s Internet security settings. Permanent cookies are used to store user preferences such as customer login details.
· Our cookies are not tied to personally identifiable information.
Privacy & Links to Other Websites
For more information about any of the policies described above or about our website in general, please contact us at email@example.com.
View the Government of Alberta’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act.