Sod Tips for Success
Choosing the Right Sod
Determine your sod needs by understanding how much sun your yard will receive, what your green space will be used for and how much maintenance (watering and mowing) you want to do.
We have four sod products available to suit your needs. https://www.bluegrassnursery.com/order-sod/
The most important part of installing sod is the site preparation, do this prior to picking up your sod order or having it delivered.
- Remove all debris from the area.
- Grade and shape to desired contours. Quality topsoil can be added to build up the amount of soil.
- Topsoil should be available to a depth of 8-10cm.
- Add fertilizer at the rate of 10 kgs per 100 sq. meters and rake in. We recommend Blue Grass fertilizer, 19-12-15-6.
- Ensure your prepared surface is smooth and even, roll lightly to even out any depressions.
Sod should be laid as soon as possible, no later than 24 hours after delivery.